If your tech-savvy kids are spending a fair amount of their computer time surfing the Internet, there’s a chance that they may sometimes accidentally stumble upon adult sites that you would definitely not like them to see.
With the help of these simple ways, you can easily keep a check on your kid’s web surfing activities when you are not around by blocking the adult websites on your computer.
HOW TO BLOCK AN ADULT WEBSITE IN INTERNET EXPLORER?
- Adjust browser settings to block adult websites. On Internet Explorer click “Tools,” then “Internet Options.” Next, click on the “Content” tab.
- Enable the “Content Advisor.” Select desired settings from the “Ratings” tab. Decide on ratings for language, sex, violence, and nudity.
- Use the “Approved Sites” tab to name sites that children are always able to view. Include favorite sites that are frequently visited.
- Type in a password that children using the computer do not know. The password keeps settings from being changed by children.
- Install an Internet filter. Download a free filter online.
HOW TO BLOCK ADULT WEBSITES IN GOOGLE CHROME?
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click the Wrench symbol in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings at the bottom.
- Choose the Change Proxy Settings button.
- On the Security tab, click Restricted Sites and then click on Site.
- Enter a URL of the unwanted website, for example, www.youtube.com, and click the Add button.
- Close the window.
HOW TO BLOCK ADULT WEBSITES IN FIREFOX?
- Start Firefox on your computer.
- Click the Menu button (☰) and select “Add-ons.”
- Click the “Get Add-ons” tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click “See more add-ons” at the bottom of the page.
- Search for “BlockSite.”
- Click the “Add to Firefox” button and then “Install.”
- Restart Firefox.
- Click “I don’t want to help” in the new tab.
- Open the settings for BlockSite.
- Set up a password.
- Select between “Blacklist” and “Whitelist.”
- Add sites to the list.
SOFTWARES AVAILABLE FOR BLOCKING ADULT WEBSITES
This software is available for free.It has a special feature i.e. it creates different settings for each child.
It was rated by PC magazine as #1 in 2003.
This software disallows certain types of e-mails from getting through. It allows age specific settings.
It restricts the instant messages, e-mail, and sites.