If your tech-savvy kids are spending a fair amount of their computer time surfing the Internet, there’s a chance that they may sometimes accidentally stumble upon adult sites that you would definitely not like them to see.
With the help of these simple ways, you can easily keep a check on your kid’s web surfing activities when you are not around by blocking the adult websites on your computer.
HOW TO BLOCK AN ADULT WEBSITE IN INTERNET EXPLORER?
- Adjust browser settings to block adult websites. On Internet Explorer click “Tools,” then “Internet Options.” Next, click on the “Content” tab.
- I the content tab enable the “Content Advisor.” Now select the desired settings from the “Ratings” tab. Decide on ratings for language, sex, violence, and nudity.
- Use the “Approved Sites” tab to name sites that children are always able to view. Include favorite sites that are frequently visited.
- Type in a new password that children will never know. The password keeps these settings from being changed by the children.
- Now install an Internet filter on your Internet Explorer. You can easily download a free filter online.
HOW TO BLOCK ADULT WEBSITES IN GOOGLE CHROME?
- First, you need to Launch Google Chrome.
- Now Click on the Wrench symbol which is at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings option.
- Click Show advanced settings option available at the bottom.
- Click on the Change Proxy Settings button.
- On the Security tab, click Restricted Sites and then click on Site.
- Enter a URL of the unwanted website which you want to block, for example, www.youtube.com, and then click the Add button.
- Now the website is successfully added to the block list and you can add more website by adding their URL’s in the security tab.
HOW TO BLOCK ADULT WEBSITES IN FIREFOX?
- First, you need to open Firefox on your computer.
- Click the Menu button (☰) and select “Add-ons” option.
- Click the “Get Add-ons” tab which is on the left side of the screen.
- After that Click on “See more add-ons” option which is available at the bottom of the page.
- Here you need to search for “BlockSite.”
- Now click the “Add to Firefox” button and then click on “Install” button.
- Restart Firefox.
- Click on “I don’t want to help” in the new tab.
- Open the settings for BlockSite and then Set up a password.
- Now select between “Blacklist” and “Whitelist.”
- Finally, you can now add sites to the list which you want to block.
SOFTWARES AVAILABLE FOR BLOCKING ADULT WEBSITES
This software is available for free.It has a special feature i.e. it creates different settings for each child.
It was rated by PC Magazine as #1 in 2003.
This software disallows certain types of e-mails from getting through. It allows age specific settings.
It restricts the instant messages, e-mail, and sites.
This wraps up the article I hope these steps help you to block adult sites on Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer. If you liked this article then keep sharing it with your friends and on social media. If you want to ask any query or like to give any suggestion then comment below in the comment section.