What is BHIM App?
BHIM Application or BHIM app – The Full Form is Bharat Interface money, it is basically developed to send or transfer money without visiting the bank.Through this UPI payment Solutions, Money can be received digitally through biometric scanners eliminating card swiping in pos machines.
Last week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a new digital payments app named BHIM — Bharat Interface for Money — on the name of Babasaheb Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar. Till now it is available for only Android — so iOS and Windows mobile users are left out. The BHIM app supports Aadhaar-based payments basically, where transactions will be possible with just a fingerprint or thumb impression, but such facility is not yet started.
Recommended Reading: How to Get Digital Driving Licence and RC in Digilocker
PURPOSE OF THIS APP!
NCPI developed this app in association with Juspay including UPI (UNIFIED PAYMENT INTERFACE). NCPI defines that this app has the ability to use information with other UPI application from banks.
BENEFITS OF BHIM APP!
- Now internet or smartphone is not required for money transfer.
- UPI -app(United Payment Interface) allows you to transfer money even before loading it i.e. no need of loading money first.
- It can be downloaded from play store and will soon be available on iOS.No smartphone! Dial *99# from your ordinary phone to access or operate it.
- The following banks are supporting this app:
Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, DCB Bank, Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD BHIM APP?
To Download BHIM App: Open play store and type BHIM app in the search box go to this link directly.
- Click Install and Wait till the app is downloaded.
- The app gets Automatically Installed in Your Mobile phone.
- After the Install is completed, choose language i.e. either English or Hindi.
- Press on next button.
- Again press the next Button to Continue.
- Now Click on Let’s Get Started Tab as appearing on the screen.
- Verify Your Mobile Number (SIM) that is Linked to your Bank Accounts. It must be Registered with Your bank account.
- Automatically your mobile number will be verified.
- Enter the 4 digit Pass Code and click the tick mark on the bottom right as appearing on the screen.
- Now Re-Enter the 4 Digit Pass Code to confirm it.
- Select your bank from the list specified.
- A list of banks order wise will appear, you can choose from the bank you want to select.
- Select Bank Account and Transactions that you want to choose.
- After Selection of Bank, you have required to entering Last 6 Digits of your Debit Card/ ATM Card Number and Enter the Valid Month and year.
After Registering with the BHIM APP, the Confirmation details will be sent to you, hence, you can Send Money, receive Money from the screen appearing below .
The download of BHIM APK Process is Completed. Now you can send or receive money using this app by scanning the QR code.