I hope you will agree with me when I Say this:
Windows 10 operating system is an excellent software developed by Microsoft Corporation that we use every day, but just like any other software, it has bugs too like the frustrating Black Screen Errors and the Blue Screen of dealth etc.
But there are very easy fixes for these types of Hardware and Software related bugs in Windows 10.
Since Windows 10 OS is proven to be one of the most efficient, reliable and the most used operating systems for Laptops and Desktop for Home, Work or Design. But a lot of users are recently getting this annoying Black Screen Errors. Some users are reporting this error after a new windows update or due to other issues and some have hardware related problems with their PC.
Doesn’t matter, whatever is the issue. The best way to resolve errors and fix bugs in Windows is to stop doing and start thinking in the first place that what is the main cause and time when this issue start occuring. If you know this, then assume that you are already in the halfway there to solve your problem.
What Caused the Issue or Bug?
The Windows 10 users who are experiencing the issue of the Black screen should try one of our these solutions given below.
- If the Windows 10 Black Screen error occurs during the installation process, updates and it can occur either when you are not signed in or signed into Windows 10. In this article, I will discuss the steps which you can use to fix the problem of the black screen error in Windows 10.
How to Fix Windows 10 Black Screen on Your PC when you are not signed into Windows 10
Unplug the External Devices
Connecting External devices to your computer can also be the reason behind a black screen error. In this case, you need to unplug all the connected external devices to your computer.
After this, if everything returns to normal and there is no black screen error then plug those external devices one by one to your PC. This process will let to know which device is causing the problem of black screen issue. After you find the device which is causing the issue you need to change the device and then restart your PC.
Disable the Display Driver Adapter
If the problem still occurs after unplugging the external devices you can try to Disable the display driver adapter to overcome the problem of black screen error but when your PC is in the safe mode. For this, you have to follow the steps given below
1. The first step for you is to type ‘Device Manager‘ in the search box and select the device manager to open it.
2. Now you need to expand the Display adapter by using the arrow.
3. After expanding the display adapter right click on it there you have to choose the disable button and then press OK.
4. After successfully Disabling the display adapter you need to restart your system.
Solving the Black Screen Error by shutting Down the Run Once Processes
To overcome the Black Windows 10 screen error shutting down the run once processes can be a good option for you. This can be done by following the simple steps
1. The first step is to right-click on the start button and then select the Task Manager option.
2. Now you have to check the Processes tab and Service tab thoroughly.
3. After checking the Processes tab and Service tab you need to ensure that the instances of RunOnce32.exe or RunOnce.exe are running properly. If they are running properly then choose ‘End Task‘ in the Processes or you can choose ‘Stop’ in services after right clicking on the time.
4. After doing all this work you need to restart you computer.
How to Fix Windows 10 Black Screen Error When you are signed into Windows 10
Check your Screen-Connections
If the Windows Black Screen occurs on your computer before you sign in to Windows 10 then this could be a screen connection problem between your Personal computer and display.
For this, the first thing you can do is to make sure that the Display adapter is plugged in properly and is turned on. You can also try to connect different video outputs to your Personal computer for better results.
In case if you have your Tv connected to your personal computer then check it is turned ON and you should always set it to input for PC. If you are using another monitor and you have access to it then press the windows logo button along with P button and then press enter. This same step can be used with if you want to go through different screen options.
Start Your PC in Safe Mode to resolve Computer black screen error
In case if there is no problem with your connections then there could be other possible reason and to fix these problems you can start your PC in the safe mode. The Safe Mode helps you to start the Windows with the basic requirement. To fix the black screen error you can use either installation media Process or by using a recovery drive.
Solving Black Screen Error using Installation media (CD/DVD or Bootable USB Flash Drive)
For solving the Windows black screen error you can use the Installation media such as CD, Bootable USB or a DVD for this, you have to follow the steps below
1. The first thing you need a PC which is working properly, then you have to visit the Microsoft Software Download Website and there you have to create a Windows 10 Installation media by using a CD or USB. If you have a Windows 10 Installation Setup on your PC, you can create a bootable USB by reading the tutorial here and download the Windows USB/DVD Tool to create a bootable Windows 10 Setup Installation Drive.
2. Now you need to insert the Installation media using your CD drive or if you have USB then use the USB port and restart your computer.
3. Now from the install windows screen, you have to select Repair Your Screen.
4. After that select “Troubleshoot” option from Choose an option screen. From here you can use the safe mode.
5. Then you have to choose the Advanced Option
6. Then select Startup Settings
7. click the Restart button
8. Now your PC will restart in the Safe mode with networking. When your PC restarts press F5 button to refresh and your PC starts to work in safe mode. If the PC does not start to work in safe mode with networking then you need to repeat the first two steps again.
9. After your PC start working in the safe mode than through the search box open “Device Manager” you will see two items under the display driver here you have to right click the added display adapter and then follow it by clicking on the disable button.
10. For checking if this worked you have to shut down your PC then eject the recovery drive and turn the PC on.
- 7 Best Ways to Share Files Between Android, iOS, Mac and Windows
- Backup and Move all Windows Program Settings to New PC with CloneApp
- How to Disable Start-up Programs in Windows
- How to Share a Folder Between Two Computers in Windows 10
Solving the Black Screen Error using a Recovery Drive
1. The first step is to connect the recovery drive to the PC when PC is OFF. After connecting the recovery drive successfully turn ON the PC.
2. After turning ON your PC you will view ‘Choose an Option’ on the screen. Then select ‘Troubleshoot‘option from Choose an option screen and select
Advanced option >Startup Setting >Restart.
3. Now your PC will be restart in the safe mode with networking. When your PC restarts press F5 button to refresh and your PC starts to work in safe mode. If the PC does not start to work in safe mode with networking then you need to repeat the first two steps again.
4. After your PC start working in the safe mode than through the search box open “Device Manager” you will see two items under the display driver here you have to right click the added display adapter and then follow it by clicking on the disable button.
5. If the above option does not work you can restart your Personal computer in the safe mode again and then go back to enable the display adapter. If you can see only a single item under display adapter option you can either uninstall the display adapter or roll back to the driver.
6. The last step is to check if this worked for this you have to shut down your PC then eject the recovery drive and turn the PC ON.
*Refer the image from above.
Solving the Black Screen Error when Installation is in Progress
If you can see the black screen Windows 10 error while installation is in progress then the best thing you can do is to wait until it is resolved but if it does not work then there are chances that installation is stopped working.
When the installation stops, you need to shut down your system completely. If the shutdown is taking some time then force your computer to shut down by holding the power button for some time until it shuts down. If you are using a laptop then directly remove the battery and wait for few minutes and then reconnect the battery.
Check out this: Windows 10 Shortcut Keys List
After successfully shutting down your computer you have to disconnect all the unnecessary external devices connected to the computer and also turn off your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth adapter making sure that no external device is left connected other than the keyboard, mouse, and display.
When you are done with the external devices wait for few minutes and then restart your system but do not reconnect the external devices to the computer. If there was any normal problem the installation will be resumed and will be completed successfully. After the successful installation, you can now connect the external devices to the computer.
But if the installation process fails then you need to keep your external devices disconnected and try to install Windows 10 updates by manually and this time you should try using bootable USB drive to install the operating system.
I hope these steps helps you to fix the Black Screen Error Permanently on Windows 10. If you liked the article, then please share it on social media. And if you want to suggest an update in this article, then your suggestions are always welcome. Comment below in the comment section.