GST Stands for Goods and Services Tax and the official website for Migration of GST from other taxes like VAT, Service Tax, and Central Excise Tax in India is live. The Finance Minister of India – Mr. Arun Jetley recently announced that July 1, 2017, is a realistic date for the GST Rollout. The delay in Fully migration to GST can be due to the demonetization scheme by the Indian Government.
Check this out: GST Bill in India
But hey, let’s not be haters. I don’t know if demonetization in any way helped India and Indians to fight out black money, but fortunately, GST is necessary and will be a big positive change for the India’s older and outdated Tax Collection Systems.
Every financial expert and the whole Indian Economy is waiting for this change to happen so they don’t have to pay different taxes and with the GST Migration, India will be one big nation even more united. Since there will be only one Tax – it’s called GST. So, before wasting the time, let’s get started. If you want to learn more in detail about the GST Tax Bill, simply download this
So, before wasting the time, let’s get started. If you want to learn more in detail about the GST Tax Bill, simply download this GST Overview Pdf File.
Minimum Requirements for Existing Taxpayers to Migrate to GST
- A PAN Card is mandatory for migration to the Goods and Service Tax, GST.
- Central Excise & Service Tax registrants not having a valid PAN will not be migrated.
- Please update your mobile number and email-ID on ACES portal before migration. In case of any difficulty/query, please contact your jurisdictional CENTRAL EXCISE/SERVICE
How to Migrate to GST from VAT, Service Tax or Central Excise Tax
If you have a registered company and/or in a Service Sector doing your job or simply you are an existing Taxpayers of VAT, Service Tax, Central Excise. You can start Migrating to GST easily with the steps given below.
- Log on to www.aces.gov.in portal by using your existing ACES user ID and password. If you don’t have one, you can ask your Lawyer or Firm from which you get your Company or Firm Name registered.
- – Now obtain the Provisional ID and Password for the GST Migration from the aces.gov.in website by following this link
aces.gov.in > Login in to your Account > Look in Menu > REG > GST Login Credential
- – Now you have Obtained your Provisional ID and password to Login to the GST Website. Here, you can create a unique username and password by using provisional ID and password received from ACES website.
- Once you are logged in to GST Website at http://gst.gov.in. You can now fill the Enrollment Form 20 along with all the supporting documents.
Please Note: Central Excise/ Service Tax Registrants, who have been provided Provisional ICI by State Commercial Tax Department, are NOT required to again take fresh Provisional ID through CBEC.
Schematic Representation of GST Migration Flow
Please refer to www.aces.gov.in, www.cbec.gov.in for further details. If you have any questions on GST and its Migration, please leave a comment in the comment section below and we will be able to help you out.