There are times, when you choose the wrong operating system for your VPS Server and there are conflicts with the softwares and scripts you are running. Software compatibility and load issues always occurs when your business is growing and then you might want to destroy and re-build your Go-daddy VPS Server.
Reprovision : Destroy and Rebuild Go-daddy Server VPS :
- Login to your GoDaddy VPS Server using the login credentials provided to you.
- Now you will see a screen like this, once you are logged in to it.
3. Click on the Settings Option on your Right.
4. Now you will see a pop-up opened on your screen with the following instructions – Server Settings.
5. Scroll down to the last option where it shows your OS. In our case, we configured and setup CentOS 6 + cPanel as we are having semi-managed Godaddy VPS Server.
6. Click on Destroy and Rebuild to delete the VPS Server Configuration and its OS that you have loaded previously.
NOTE : Beware, that this action cannot be rolled back and it will delete all your files, cpanel websites and all your data associated with the server. So, a good practise is to always backup everything from your cPanel , WHM or by setting up professional Backup Tools on your Server.
You can also buy Backup Feature from Godaddy and it will backup all your server data and will provide to you once needed.
7. After you Hit the Big OK Button, follow the on-screen instructions and the godaddy panel will guide you through the rest of the process and will also help you creating and setting up a new OS on your VPS Server.