One of the worst things that can happen to a person is having your Android phone lost or stolen as it contains a lot of information personal as well as professional, it can be a great loss to you. You can locate your Android if stolen or lost with some easy ways that we have discussed in this article;
Locating your lost phone using Google:
- Launch a web browser from a computer, phone or tablet.
- Visit the google’s homepage.
- In the google search bar type “search my android phone”.
- Now open the android device manager.
- Enter the email address and password linked with your lost android phone.
When you are able to track your lost phone you have three options available:
- Even if your phone is on “silent mode”, you can ring your phone so that it makes noise.
- You can also lock your phone so that if someone has found your device they’ll not be able to access your home screen.
- You can also erase or eliminate all the personal information on your phone.
Tracking the phone with Android Lost
- Install the android lost app from google play store and it will be installed on your phone remotely. To download click here
- Start the app and register your device remotely by sending an SMS with the text “android lost register” to your phone.This will trigger Android Lost to register itself using your Google account credentials.
- Now visit the Android lost Website and sign in to your google account. After doing this you can access all the remote features such as read the latest SMS on your phone, get the location of your device, lock or unlock your phone etc. To visit site click here
It will take a while for the registration process to get complete.
It is a great tool to get your phone back, the only drawback is that it can tell the potential thief what’s going on.
Using Third-party apps
Wheres My Droid
This app allows you to track down your phone by making it ring, finding phone using GPS location and also remotely wiping all the data on your phone. To download click here
Things to be Done when you find your Device or get a New One
- Install a tracking app on your phone such as Cerberus, to download click here
- Activate the android device manager and location history on your phone.
- Set a password or lock screen.
- Install the Dropbox and enable the camera upload. To install Dropbox click here
For any queries or suggestions, please leave a comment!!