If you are trying to install Windows on your PC and facing issue with your process and want to make a fresh Bootable USB drive, then you are at right place. Today, in this article I am going to provide you the working methods for making a Bootable USB Drive using Command Prompt. So, if you are interested in making Bootable USB drive on your own, then please read this article carefully.
Using Command Prompt is very simple and you have written certain commands for executing this process. Using this method, you can make Bootable USB Drive in no time. It also eliminates the use of third-party softwares and other problems related to these softwares.
Terms related to Bootable USB Drive
1. Bootloader Options: Bootloader option is responsible for loading the Operating System. You have to sometimes choose the bootloader when choosing the installation of a specific operating system.
2. QEMU Emulator: QEMU Emulator or Quick Emulator is a hardware virtualization tool which helps the user to test the booting capabilities of a Drive. It is the essential term related to Bootable USB Drive.
3. Cluster Size: All file systems that are used by Windows organize your hard disk based on cluster size. Cluster size represents the smallest amount of disk space that can be used to hold a file.
4. grub4dos: GRUB for DOS is a universal boot loader based on GNU GRUB. It can boot off DOS/LINUX, or via Windows boot manager/syslinux/lilo, or from MBR/CD. It also has builtin BIOS disk emulation, ATAPI CDROM driver, etc.
5. syslinux: This is a lightweight bootloader package designed to allow users to select what type of or what operating systems are to be installed.
6. Bad Sector: The Bad sector is basically a feature which checks for any bad sectors or corrupt subpartitions after the creation of a bootable USB.
Steps to Make Bootable USB using CMD
Making a Bootable USB Drive using Command Prompt is a simple way. In this process, you don’t need any third party software to be run in order to do your task. So, now let’s begin the process.
Step 1: First, you have to insert your USB Drive into the Computer.
Step 2: Now, you have to open the Command Prompt. For this, you can open the Run Command by pressing the Windows Key + R and type “cmd” and press enter.
Step 3: After opening the Command Prompt, type the following command to run the DISKPART utility:
Step 4: Now, you will see a new black and white window popping up that would say DISKPART>. See the image above for reference.
Step 5: Now, type the following command:
list disk to list all the Storage devices connected to your computer. After you hit Enter, you will see a list of storage devices (including your hard disk) connected to the computer. Identify your disk’s number here. From that list, identify your drive and press enter.
Step 6: Once the above command will execute, type the following command:
select disk X
where X is the disk number, you just identified and hit Enter.
Step 7: Now, you have to clear the table records and all the visible data on the drive. For executing this, type the command
clean and press enter.
Step 8: After performing the above step, you have to recreate a new primary partition of the drive. For this, type the following command and hit enter.
create part pri
Step 9: After creating the new partition, you have to now select it. For this, type this command and press enter.
selelct part 1
Step 10: You have to format it now to make it visible to normal users with the help of the following command:
format fs=ntfs quick
Note: If your platform supports UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) replace NTFS with FAT32 in the previous step.
Step 11: Finally, type “Exit” and press Enter key to exit the utility. This is the last step.
You have to now prepare your image file for the operating system. Save that file to the root of the USB Storage Device. Your USB Drive is now converted to Bootable.
So, this is all for this article. Hope you have successfully made the Bootable USB Drive using Command Prompt. If you have any issue regarding this method or stuck somewhere, you can comment your problem below. We will try our best to give you the perfect solution.
If you find this article helpful, then please share it on social media and also with your friends. For more articles on productivity, stay connected with us. Thanks for reading this article.