If you are Xiaomi Mi A1 user and want to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, then you are at right place. Xiaomi Mi A1 is the first smartphone from Google to partner with Xiaomi after 6 Months of the unsuccessful journey on Android One Project. Installing TWRP on android is not very difficult. If you follow the steps very carefully, then you will be successful in your work.
TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images.
Installing TWRP Recovery very advanced feature and you need to follow the steps very carefully. So, before starting the procedure, first let’s see some advantages of it.
Advantage Of TWRP Recovery
Before starting the guide, first look at the advantages of TWRP Recovery installed on your Xiaomi Mi A1.
- With the TWRP Recovery Installed on your device, you can easily root and unroot flashable zip SuperSU.
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery.
- You can easily remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- The TWRP Recovery allows you to underclock and overclock your phone.
- After installing the TWRP Recovery, you can install Custom ROM, Custom Mods, Custom Kernels or any zip file such as Xposed.
These are the points which you have to take care of before starting the rooting process for your Xiaomi Mi A1.
- First, you have to Unlock the Bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Install the ADB and Fastboot on your Windows or Mac PC. For this, you can check the articles.
- Make you charged at least 70% to avoid any trouble at the time of rooting.
- Take the backup of your Android device. If the data get lost, this backup will help you after.
- The process of rooting, unlocking bootloader and flashing is not recommended by the company. Doing these may void the Warranty of your phone.
- This article contains steps for Xiaomi Mi A1 only. Don’t try it on any other smartphone.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A1
Now, let’s begin with the steps for installing the TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi A1.
Step 1: First, you have to Enable the Developer Options on your Xiaomi Mi A1. This is the hidden option and you have to enable it to allows bootloader unlocking. For this, go to the “Settings” and then head towards “About Phone” at the end of the settings menu. Now scroll down and tap the “Build number” option seven times rapidly. After this, you will see a message “Congratulations, you are now a developer!“.
Step 2: After enabling the Developers Mode, now go back to Settings. Now, scroll down and there you will see the Developers Option is now available. Now, tap on the Developer Option and enable the switch next to the “OEM unlocking” setting.
Step 3: Now, download the ADB Fastboot tool by clicking the link and Extract it on your PC. For your reference, go through this article: How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows.
Step 4: After the successful extraction of ADB Fastboot tool and installing, go to that extracted folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
Step 5: After finishing the above step, you have to now connect your Device to PC via USB cable.
Step 6: After connecting your phone, check whether your device is connected to Command window properly by typing the following command:
Step 7: Now, you have to Reboot the phone into Bootloader. For doing this, type the following Command in the Command Prompt windows:
adb reboot bootloader
Step 8: After executing the above command, your device will boot into bootloader. If it doesn’t boot, then please make sure your cable and USB drivers have been installed properly.
Step 9: Now, type the command given below in Command Prompt:
The above command will display all the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up there, then you can proceed further.
Step 10: To flash the Recovery, Kernel, and boot img, type the following command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Make one thing clear that in the place of twrp.img, you have to write the name of the file which exists in your PC which you have extracted after downloading it from the internet. One the command will run successfully, you are done then. The TWRP Recovery is now installed on your Xiaomi Mi A1.
So, this is all for this article. Hope you have successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi A1 Smartphone. If you find any issue in the above-mentioned steps, you can contact us for the solution.
If you find this article resourceful, then please share it on social media and also with your friends. For more articles on Android Rooting Guide, stay tuned with us. Thanks for reading this article.