If you are trying to install Windows on your PC and facing issue with your process and want to make a fresh Bootable USB drive, then you are at right place. Today, in this article I am going to provide you the working methods for making a Bootable USB Drive using Free Softwares. So, if you are interested in making Bootable USB drive on your own, then please read this article carefully.
Before starting the article, first, let’s take a look at some common terms related to Booting.
Terms related to Bootable USB Drive:
1. Bootloader Options: Bootloader option is responsible for loading the Operating System. You have to sometimes choose the bootloader when choosing the installation of a specific operating system.
2. QEMU Emulator: QEMU Emulator or Quick Emulator is a hardware virtualization tool which helps the user to test the booting capabilities of a Drive. It is the essential term related to Bootable USB Drive.
3. Cluster Size: All file systems that are used by Windows organize your hard disk based on cluster size. Cluster size represents the smallest amount of disk space that can be used to hold a file.
4. grub4dos: GRUB for DOS is a universal boot loader based on GNU GRUB. It can boot off DOS/LINUX, or via Windows boot manager/syslinux/lilo, or from MBR/CD. It also has builtin BIOS disk emulation, ATAPI CDROM driver, etc.
5. syslinux: This is a lightweight bootloader package designed to allow users to select what type of or what operating systems are to be installed.
6. Bad Sector: The Bad sector is basically a feature which checks for any bad sectors or corrupt subpartitions after the creation of a bootable USB.
Prerequisites for creation of a bootable USB
Before starting the process of making Bootable USB drive, you have to first take a look at some Prerequisites.
- First, you need an ISO file of the operating system with the bootmgr or the boot manager.
- The second important thing which you must have is a USB Drive (Pendrive) with the minimum capacity of 8GB depending on the size of your ISO.
- The last thing which you should look for is whether your system supports UEFI Booting. Depending on this, you can create a UEFI Capable bootable disk or a Legacy Capable bootable disk
Make Bootable USB Drive Using Free Softwares
So, here is the list of the best free softwares which you should use to make your own Bootable USB Drive.
Rufus is a free and open-source portable application for Microsoft Windows that can be used to format and create bootable USB flash drives or Live USBs. It is developed by Pete Batard of Akeo Consulting. This supports all kinds of USB Pendrives, Keys, Memory Sticks, etc. The minimum software requirement is that it needs Windows XP at least.
Features of RUFUS:
- You can create USB installation media from bootable ISOs.
- Supports all kinds of USB Pendrives, Keys, Memory Sticks, etc.
For Downloading this Software, Click Here.
2. ZOTAC WinUSB Maker
With the help of ZOTAC WinUSB Maker, you can easily create a bootable Windows flash drive for your ZBOX mini-PC. The drag-and-drop utility makes creating bootable flash drives quick and painless. You have to just drag the destination and source into the ZOTAC WinUSB Maker, and click start. This is one of the first Bootable USB Creators which I have personally used.
Features of ZOTAC WinUSB Maker:
- Fast file copy from the directory or ISO file
- Drag and drop source and destination
- Smooth GUI
- Simple and quick operation
For downloading this software, Click Here.
The most common and trustable software for creating Bootable USB Drive. It is a powerful CD / DVD / BD image file processing tool, which allows you to open, extract, burn, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split and convert ISO files, and mount ISO files with the internal virtual drive.
Features of PowerISO:
- Support almost all CD / DVD / BD-ROM image file formats.
- Burn ISO file to CD, DVD, or Blu-Ray disc and also to USB Drives.
- Create bootable USB drive. PowerISO allows you to setup Windows through USB drive.
- Support both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
For downloading PowerISO, Click Here.
4. Windows USB/DVD Download Tool
The Windows USB/DVD Download Tool is the simple tool for creating Bootable USB Drive. For using this tool, you need to have a pen drive and an ISO file. Using this tool is very easy. You can create bootable USB drive in just fraction of seconds.
For More Information regarding Windows USB/DVD Download Tool, Click Here.
So, this is all for this article. Hope you have successfully made the Bootable USB Drive using these softwares. If you have any query regarding this article, you can contact us in the comment section below.
If you find this article helpful, then please share it on social media and also with your friends. Also, if you want to provide some better method for doing this, you can also tell us that. We will definitely look at your comment and try to provide you the perfect solution. For more articles on Windows 10, stay connected to us. Thanks for reading this article.