If you are Asus Zenfone 6 phone user and looking for Installing the TWRP Recovery in it, then this article will help you in Rooting your phone and installing the TWRP recovery.
After installing the TWRP Recovery, you can easily root your phone using SuperSU or Magisk zip, also you can flash Custom ROM, mods, Custom Kernel etc on your phone. The TWRP Recovery comes with 3.1.1-0 version which has a Material Design, Touch Screen Support, and Encryption mode.
Advantage Of TWRP Recovery
Before starting the guide, first look at the advantages of TWRP Recovery installed on your Asus Zenfone 6.
- With the TWRP Recovery Installed on your device, you can easily root and unroot flashable zip SuperSU.
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery.
- The TWRP Recovery allows you to underclock and overclock your phone.
- You can easily remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
Before starting the actual unlock operation you first have to consider the prerequisites list down below:
- Installing TWRP and Rooting is considered as the complex process. For this, you need a computer or a notebook along with your phone and its USB cord.
- Make your Asus Zenfone 6 charge fully to 100% to avoid any technical error.
- Take the full backup your phone, because this process may wipe your data.
- Operations like rooting, unlocking bootloader and flashing are not recommended by the company. Doing these may void the Warranty of your phone.
- Don’t use the below-given steps on any other smartphone or tablet.
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery On Asus Zenfone 6
Now, let’s follow these simple steps for Installing the TWRP Recovery on your Asus Zenfone 6.
Step 1: First, you have to Enable the Developer Options on your Asus Zenfone 6. This is the hidden option and you have to enable it to allows bootloader unlocking. For this, go to the “Settings” and then head towards “About Phone” at the end of the settings menu. Now scroll down and tap the “Build number” option seven times rapidly. After this, you will see a message “Congratulations, you are now a developer!“.
Step 2: After enabling the Developers Mode, now go back to Settings. There you will see the Developers Option is now available. Now, tap on the Developer Option and enable the switch next to the “OEM unlocking” setting.
Step 3: Now, download the ADB Fastboot tool by clicking the link and Extract it on your PC.
Step 4: Once you have successfully extracted the ADB Fastboot tool, go to that extracted folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
Step 5: Now, connect your Phone to PC via USB cable.
Step 6: After connecting your phone, check whether your device is connected to Command window properly by typing the following command:
Step 7: Now, you have to Reboot the phone into Bootloader. For doing this, type the following Command in the Command Prompt windows:
adb reboot bootloader
Step 8: After executing the above command, your device will boot into bootloader. If it doesn’t boot, then please make sure your cable and USB drivers have been installed properly.
Step 9: Now, type the command given below in Command Prompt:
This command will display all the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up there, then you can proceed further.
Step 10: To flash the Recovery, Kerne, and boot img, type the following command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Make one thing clear that the name of TWRP image, if you renamed it to recovery.img, then after the flash recovery, type recovery.img.
After execution of the command, if the command prompt shows the command like this then reboot your device. TWRP has successfully installed.
So, this is all for this article. Hope you have successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on On Asus Zenfone 6. If you find any issue in the above-mentioned steps, you can contact us for the solution. If you want to suggest some easy method for rooting the ASUS Zenfone, then please comment below.
If you find this article resourceful, then please share it on social media and also with your friends. For more articles on Android Rooting Guide, stay tuned with us. Thanks for reading this article.